For the Adventurous Journey section you’ll need a sense of adventure and discovery as you go on a team journey, expedition or exploration.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the wider environment, as well as to develop self-confidence, team work and health. It is a tough challenge and you might be taken out of your comfort zone for a bit but you will be safe with suitable training and supervision, and you won’t regret it!
Here's a list of ideas that you could do for your Adventurous journey, expedition or exploration, or use as a starting point to create a programme of your own.
- To complete a particularly demanding journey by foot, cycle or canoe / kayak
- To investigate group dynamics in challenging conditions
- To kayak the entire navigable stretch of a rive
- Following an ancient pilgrimage trail
- Cycling along an ancient trail
- Exploring the natural world: glaciations, erosion, geology, coastal studies, river valleys, plant studies, bird studies or animal studies, insect studies
- Exploring historic land use: prehistoric man, historical periods
- Exploring human impact: visitor pressure in national parks, pollution monitoring, surveys of numbers of walkers in remote areas
- To investigate the survival or extinction of a language
- To carry out health surveys or health education in remote areas
Only for Gold
At the Gold level, you may consider undertaking an even tougher challenge such as:
- Sailing across a sea or ocean
- Climbing a high mountainous peak
Coming Up Adventurous Journeys
Expedition Calendar will be available in September.
Team: JW: Keep Walking
11-13 April 2009